(Last Updated December 1, 2021)
California residents have additional privacy rights, which we describe below.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect or receive information in different ways. The information we collect depends on how you use and interact with our Services. In many cases, you can choose the information you provide to us, although certain information (such as account information) is required for us to provide the Services and if it is not provided, we will not be able to provide the Services. We use and disclose this information for the purposes described further below.
As a general matter, you can browse the App without submitting your personal information to us. However, there are circumstances in which you may supply us or our Services providers with your personal information. These may include, for example:
- Account Information: If you chose to create an account with us, we collect your first and last name, telephone number, email address, date of birth, and zip code. Along with any personal information you choose to share with us, the account registration process also stores your communication preferences, past rentals and purchases, and information relating to any past rentals and purchases.
- Driver’s License Information: To rent a scooter, a valid government-issued driver’s license is required. We ask you to scan the reverse side of your driver’s license with your mobile device (if the scan function is unavailable, we ask you to enter license information into the App). This provides us with your driver’s license number and date of birth.
- Location Data: We collect and process general and precise location data when you sign up and use our Services. For example, to accurately show you Razor Share scooters near your location, we need to know the physical location of your mobile device. Data such as the location of the scooter, pickup and drop off points, the routes taken, and its rental status are also necessary to provide the Services. Razor collects GPS location data from your mobile device and from the Razor Share scooter you rent, including when you are riding, such as ride path information and pickup and drop off points. We will not collect GPS location information that you do not volunteer by enabling it through the App or your mobile device. You must agree to provide certain location information to use the Services. We also collect and store your device’s source IP address, which may disclose the location of your mobile device at the time you access the App.
- App Usage Information: We collect internet data traffic and log files such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring App addresses. We also collect any communications between you and us, including account verification and technical notification.
- Analytics/Statistical Information: Analytics and usage information about your use of the App, including GPS routes, status of GPS chips, the location of scooter, and the rental status of the scooter.
- Mobile or computer device data: We collect information about your mobile device, browser, or computer that you use to access the App. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, mobile device platform (Android or Apple) and operating system, and other transactional information.
- Scooter Information: Information from the scooter that you rent using the App, including location data, time stamps, and battery status.
- Customer Support: You may elect to provide us with personal information when you interact with Customer Support by phone, email, or text. If you call Customer Support, your call may be recorded.
- Photographs and Video: When you conclude a ride on a Razor Share scooter, we ask you to submit a photograph using the App showing how and where the scooter is parked. We collect this information to ensure scooters are legally parked. In certain cities, we may collect images and/or video footage of your ride from a front-facing camera; these photos will not contain pictures of you as you ride the scooter. In some cities, we may ask you to submit a photograph to verify that you are wearing a helmet when operating the scooter.
- Third-party data: We receive and retain information about you when you use our third-party partners, such as marketing and advertising partners, social media networks, payment service providers (who provide us with payment confirmation or balance information), identity verification providers, analytics service providers, and security service providers (who provide us with information to secure the Services and help to prevent fraud).
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use your information to:
- Provide the Services to you at your request, including to manage your account and ride history.
- Confirm your government-issued driver’s license (if provided) is valid, not currently linked to any other Razor Share account, and has not expired.
- Monitor, track, and Services the Razor Share scooters, including when you are using them.
- Process your payments.
- Communicate with you about your account, interactions, or transactions including announcements related to our Services, such as changes to our policies.
- Provide you with advertising related to our products or Services.
- Ship or deliver products that you purchase through the App and/or Razor.com.
- Optimize, develop, and improve our Services. To do this we may use third-party analytics providers (including Google Analytics) to understand how the Services are being used and to help us to improve the Services, including to monitor for technical problems and avoid potential crashes.
- Conduct internal business operations in support of our Services, such as auditing, security, resolving road incidents such as crashes, preventing fraud, invoicing and accounting, sales and marketing, analytics, and research and development.
- Comply with our legal and contractual obligations, including to meet regulatory or local law requirements, respond to subpoenas or legal process, to defend and initiate claims or lawsuits, and otherwise protect Razor’s legal interests.
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate Razor’s policies or the Terms & Conditions, which may include sharing information with government agencies.
- Share and collaborate with third parties such as local government authorities and other third parties to build or improve transportation infrastructure, as described in the “Who Do We Share Your Information With?” section below.
- Process and bill traffic and parking fines associated with your use of the Services when required by the terms of our license to operate or city, state, local, or federal authorities.
- Review photos you submit to verify legal parking and, in some cities, helmet usage. We do not use photographs to identify you.
- If you are a rider or customer of Razor Share Private Fleet, to enable and support private fleet operations and optimize your experience.
Who Does Razor Share Your Information With?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we do not sell or rent your contact information to marketers for advertising purposes. We share your information with our Services providers and other third parties, as described in this section:
- Our service providers: We share your information with the trusted service providers that provide services to Razor such as hosting data and our infrastructure, analyzing App and Services usage, processing payments, resolving chargebacks, supporting and improving the Services, supporting Razor’s operations, operating customer service support centers, and performing customer service (including chat and email communications). We may also share your information with service providers that assist us with advertising our products or Services to you.
- Government, regulatory, and law enforcement agencies: We may share your information if we believe in good faith that it is reasonably necessary to do so for legal reasons, including to meet federal, state, regulatory or local law requirements; as part of a judicial process; to detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; to prevent harm or injury to you, members of the public, our staff, other third parties, or ourselves; to defend our legal rights or property or to take action regarding illegal activities or traffic offenses; or to enforce our contracts, such as our Terms & Conditions.
- Cities, local authorities, and public transport operators: We share your information with these recipients where necessary to fulfill conditions of our license such as geofencing, or where necessary to operate in a particular city or location, or for the purposes of city planning and understanding mobility insights. The data shared for these purposes includes:
- Trip data, such as trip ID number, date and time of trip, distance of trip and duration of trip;
- Location data, such as location of the scooter and the routes taken by the scooter;
- Pseudonymised data such as vehicle ID, vehicle status, trip ID and waypoint.
- Business Partners: We may buy, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions (including in contemplation of such transactions), user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all our assets are sold or transferred to a third party, personal customer information would likely be one of the transferred business assets.
- Private Fleet Customers: If you use a Razor Share Private Fleet Scooter (authorized access only), we share certain information with the private fleet customer, including your identification, limited scooter location information, and scooter operational status.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We keep your information for as long as is reasonably necessary to provide the Services to you or until your account is deleted, whichever is longer, subject to any longer period as may be required by applicable law or notified to you. Examples of some of our retention periods are set out below.
|Type of Data
|Account Information, Location Information
||Lifetime of the account.
||Razor retains last four digits of your credit card for the lifetime of the account. Razor does not have access to or retain full credit card information.
|Driver’s License Information
||After we conduct verification checks to ensure the license is valid, we do not retain driver’s license number.
|Customer support communications
||Lifetime of the account.
When you delete your account, it may take us additional time to fully delete your information from our databases and system logs. We may also retain information from deleted accounts to prevent fraud, collect fees, enforce the Terms & Conditions, comply with the terms of our license to operate, comply with legal obligations, or to enforce our legal rights.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use the Services, such use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this policy and our Terms & Conditions, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the State of California.
Special Note About Children
The information-gathering portions of this site are not intended for or directed to persons under the age of 18. Use of the Services is intended only for persons 18+ years of age. By using the Services, you represent to Razor that you are 18 years of age or older and that any information you provide to Razor about a third party is for a third party that is 18 years of age or older.
Do Not Track
We currently do not respond to Do Not Track requests. Please check back at a future time for updates to our policies.
All content included on the App, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, and data compilations is the property of or under license by Razor and protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on the App is the exclusive property of Razor and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws.
How do you contact us if you have any questions?
If you have any questions regarding this Notice, you can contact us at [email protected], by going to our About Us page on www.razor.com to submit an electronic contact form, or by calling us at (833) 527-8645. Please submit requests through our designated methods.
Privacy Rights of California Residents
If you are a California resident, you are entitled to certain additional rights over your personal information. We explain your California Consumer Privacy Act rights in this section. If you are not a California resident, this section does not apply.
What is the scope of this Privacy Notice?
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) gives California residents the right to know what categories of Personal Information Razor collects about them and how and for what purposes we use and share that information.
As used in this Privacy Notice, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household. Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, the categories of Personal Information identified below if such information identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household.
What Information Do We Collect?
||Examples of Personal Information We May Collect
||A real first and last name, Internet Protocol address (IP), email address, online identifier, account name, randomly generated alphanumeric identifier, driver’s license number, birth date.
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
||A name, email address, telephone number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
||Age, to verify that users of the Razor Share scooters are over 18 years of age.
|D. Commercial information.
||Records of products or Services purchased, rented, obtained, or considered; refunds; or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
|E. Biometric information.
||Voice recordings when you call our customer support line; photographs that may reveal your face.
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.
||Information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, Razor Share scooter, or advertisement.
|G. Geolocation data.
||Physical location or movements when using our App or scooter.
|H. Sensory data.
||Voice recordings when you call our customer support line; photographs that may reveal your face.
|I. Professional or employment-related information.
|J. Education information, as defined by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
How Do We Use Personal Information?
How Do We Share Personal Information?
We do not sell Personal Information related to use of Razor Share Services or products.
What are your rights?
If you are a California resident, you have the right to:
- Request to know and access the specific pieces and categories of Personal Information we have collected about you in the past year, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected, the business purpose or commercial purpose for collecting the Personal Information, the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information, the categories of Personal Information we have shared and the reasons we shared it.
- Request deletion of your Personal Information. In certain situations we are not required to delete your Personal Information, such as when the information is necessary in order to complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, to provide goods or Services you request, to comply with a legal obligation, to engage in research, to secure our websites or other online services, or to otherwise use your Personal Information internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Should you exercise any of your privacy rights as a California resident, we will not discriminate against you by offering you different pricing or products, or by providing you with a different level or quality of the Services, based solely upon your request. However, in some circumstances, we may not be able to provide the Services if you choose to delete your Personal Information.