How’s it going campers? Welcome to another epic week at Camp Razor. Scoot here to kick us off on our next adventure. This week, I’m trading in my razor for a sound board. That’s right, it’s DJ Scoot here to formally invite you to the annual dance “Scoot ‘N Shimmy”. It’s a Camp Razor tradition that goes all the way back to our very first summer at the turn of the new millennium. So, hop on your Razor, it’s time to jam!
First things first, every good dance, requires a little planning. So here’s what you’ll need to bring the Scoot ‘N Shimmy to life.
What you’ll need:
- Your Razor. We want to see how you move and groove both on and off your Razor so gear up!
- A speaker or phone. What’s a dance without music to groove to?! I’ve created the raddest playlist so all you gotta do is crank it up!
- No dance is complete without a little decoration. From streamers to an at-home disco ball, we’ll give you a few tips and tricks for turning any space into a party
- Some smooth moves. Love to groove but don’t know where to start? No problem. I’ve got three of my favorite dance moves that are sure to turn up the heat on the dance floor. Have two left feet? Don’t stress, you can just scoot around and jam out if dancing isn’t your style.
First up, let’s set the stage.
There are lots of fun, easy ways to bring the Scoot ‘N Shimmy to life in your own driveway.
Here are some of my favorite ways to help get in the mood to groove!
- Streamers, balloons, or posters. Have a few rolls of streamers hiding away in a craft drawer? Time to put them to good use! Wrap your T-bar, your mailbox or even the trunk of a nearby tree for a bit of festive flair. Balloons and personalized posters are a great addition too!
- DIY Disco Ball. Nothing is groovier than this dance decor classic. All you need is a roll of tinfoil, a bit of string, tape or glue, and something to help give your disco ball its round shape. An old beach ball, a paper lantern or a big balloon will work just fine. Just attach strips of tinfoil with glue or tape and layer them to create a shiny surface perfect for casting some groovy light.
- A dance floor. Now that you’ve added some flair, it’s time to mark off your dance floor. Grab some sidewalk chalk and get creative. Create colored blocks, fun shapes, or anything you can dream up to create the perfect place to bust a move.
Next, show off some sweet moves!
Don’t have a signature dance move? No worries. I’ve got you covered. Here are three of my favorite easy-peasy dance moves that anyone can do!
- The Robo Razor. This rad move is a classic. All you’ve got to do is move separate body parts while keeping everything else still. You can bend, twist, or pivot, as you try new moves. Add a little wobble each time make it look like you’re a machine bustin’ a move. There’s no wrong way to bring this move to life, so don’t be afraid to make it your own.
- Scoot Across the Moon. Wanna look like you’re gliding in reverse? Then this is the move for you. Start by placing one foot directly in front of the other and stand on the toes of your back foot. Then slide the front foot backward. Now the front foot should be flat and the back foot on its toes. Keep repeating the process, switching off feet, and raising and lowering your heels as you glide backwards. Before you know it, you’ll be floating across the dance floor.
- The 180°. Make heads spin with this fun and fast move. Start by standing with your feet shoulder width apart. Then comes the fun part, jump to cross over your feet, while rotating on your toes to face the other direction so when you’ve completed the turn, your legs are uncrossed and your feet are back where you started. You can put your own twist on this move by going fast or slow, and adding in some arm moves for extra style.
And now for some tunes!
So, you’ve made a groovy dance floor and learned some killer moves and now there’s only one thing left; the perfect tunes. Selected by yours truly, DJ Scoot, this playlist is the perfect soundtrack to dance to or just to listen to while you scoot around.
Parent Pro-tip: This playlist is timed so that when the music stops, your rider will know it’s time to take a breather and hydrate. Not to mention, all songs are kid ear friendly.
Everybody on the dance floor!
Now it’s up to you to get out there and bust a move! It’s been fun camper dudes. Check back at the end of the week for more legendary Camp Razor activities. Don’t forget to share your awesome dance moves by tagging #CampRazor @razorworldwide, we can’t wait to see them! Got scooter questions? Shoot the Scoot an email. Until next time! Later, Razors!